There is no doubt that Khao Lak is becoming an increasingly popular destination for weddings, anniversaries and other special occasions. With this, there is also the demand to look your best whilst joining in these celebrations.
If you are visiting Khao Lak and need an English speaking hairdresser then look no further. Khao Lak Wired would like to introduce Brenda, a professional colour technician and hair stylist with years of experience working in top European Salons.
Maybe you just need some hair colour correction work or tints to counter the adverse effects of the strong Khao Lak sunshine?
Khao Lak’s Popular Irish Hairdresser
Like most hairdressers Brenda learnt her trade working as an apprentice. She studied for two years in a Dublin salon before heading over to London. After a further one and half years training at a prestigious Toni and Guy Salon, Brenda qualified as a fully trained Colour Technician specialising in tinfoil highlights, tints and a fully trained hairdresser.
“The benefit of being able to cut and colour gives you an all round perspective of your client’s needs. It is much better than two people doing the two jobs” – Brenda
Brenda stayed on to work at Toni and Guy in London for a further five years before heading back to Dublin, Ireland to work at the Cats Studio for eight years. As well as working in the salon Brenda branched out into photo shoots and model ramp work.
During her time in Ireland Brenda was awarded second place in the L’Oréal Colour Trophy on two occasions and achieved a fifth place ranking with the Irish Hairdresser Federation.
Brenda gave all this up in 2005 to move to Khao Lak ,Thailand. Well not entirely, she used her hairdressing skills to help pay her way through her Dive Master and Scuba Instructor Courses.
Brenda still cuts and colours hair to help supplement the meagre salary earned through diving. This has kept her skills up to date with modern hairdressing trends.
Brenda operates a mobile hairdressing service in the Khao Lak area.
Prices are based on first meeting her clients, inspecting their hair and getting to know exactly what they want.
Tips for Haircare in Tropical Khao Lak
“I’ve got salt in my hair and I don’t care”
Well maybe you should care just a little. Whether you are here for a Similan diving trip or simply relaxing by the sea, long spells in sea water followed by exposure to the strong Khao Lak sunshine can seriously damage your hair.
Here are some do’s and don’t’s to keep you hair healthy whilst visiting Khao Lak.
Hair Care Do’s
- If you want to kept your hair looking shiny and healthy apply some conditioner before heading out. Try to use conditioner with UVA filters
- If you are here to dive apply some conditioner before the dive and don’t rinse. Likewise apply a little conditioner after the dive
Hair Care Don’t’s
- Do not use oils. Like coconut oil instead of conditioner whilst out in the sun, this will simply fry your hair.
- Do not use lemon juice to make your hair go blonde. This destroys the hair’s cuticles leading to breakage and damage.
- If your hair is extensively highlighted try to avoid heavily chlorinated swimming pools, this can lead to your hair adopting a green hue. If this happens apply some Heinz tomato ketchup to counter the effects.
A tip for divers with long hair:
To avoid your hair floating all over the place or interfering with your mask strap, the best way to keep it in order and out of the way is to plait it.